I would like to extend a personal congratulations to the Finalists of the 2021 SCBWN Business Woman of the Year Awards, and I look forward to seeing you at the upcoming Purple Room event and celebrating with you at our August Gala.
Speaking from personal experience the process of the Awards is rewarding in its own right, and to make Finalist is an achievement in itself.
Winners of each category receive:
The Outstanding Business Woman of the Year also receives
N1= Subject to space/availability, valid for use by 31/12/2021.
N2= excluding production & recording
Taking home this honour has lead to extraordinary outcomes for our past Award recipients. They have spoken of increased profile within the business community, enhanced business opportunities and profitability rises as a direct result of winning these Awards. Immediate Past President Roz White attributes her Outstanding Business Woman of the Year Award to her connection to SCBWN, of which we are all eternally grateful.
In my previous role as Judging Chair, I got to see firsthand the extraordinary stories of all finalists as they, sometimes for the first time, acknowledge their wins and learnings. The reflection that this Awards process offers has instigated significant business growth, career changes and increased personal confidence with those that had the courage to participate.
Whether you hold that trophy in August or not, the SCBWN Executive and myself wish for this to be a lifechanging experience for you, and for you to enjoy taking a moment to reflect on your business story and celebrate your achievements to date.
It is my absolute pleasure to announce the Finalists for 2021 below.
Sunshine Coast Business Women's Network
- Sally Doran, Infectious Clothing Company
- Paula Gowland, Sunshine Coast Art and Framing Gallery
- Candice Gillies, Code Property Group
- Jennifer McIntyre, Coasteel Engineering
- Kate Langford, Kate Langford Career Consulting
- Lisa Holland, CBI Group
- Kristine Young, Bella Venezia Group Pty Ltd
- Emma Baxter, YOUtax Pty Ltd
- Liz Catton, Catton & Tondelstrand Lawyers
- Roxanne McCarty-O'Kane, Roxanne McCarty-O'Kane - Writer
- Jenny Lawson, Successful Grants
- Kym Cousins, Sprout Business Growth
- Ellie Degraeve, Go For Zero
- Tamara Skok, Italia Pizza and Pasta
- Renee Jarrett, Daisy Cakes and Bakes
- Ami Bateman, Pleasant State
- Melinda Uys, Melinda Uys Words
- Jordyn Clancy, Burlesque L'Amour
- Cass Connolly, iChoose Financial Services Pty Ltd T/as Your Mortgage Coach
- Ayllie White, Sunshine Coast Airport
- Ruth Luscombe, Fireball International
- Naomi Elliott, Concept Laboratories
- Susan Dwyer, Lutheran Services - Graceville Centre
- Christine Garsden, Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Vannessa Hennessy, Open Insurance
- Emma Greenhatch, Food and Agribusiness Network
- Zoey Canaho, Youi Insurance
- Elise Jione, Thompson Institute, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Katie Johnston, EATS RESTAURANT (Eumundi & Sunshine Plaza)
- Jessica Bos, Meraki Thread Co
- Grace Harold, Amazing Oils
The recipient of Sustainable Business Woman of the Year is chosen from the above categories as the person who is most focused and active in creating a sustainable business for the future. This Category is sponsored by the Sunshine Coast Council.The recipient of the award for the final category, the Outstanding Business Woman of the Year Award (sponsored by Garland Waddington Solicitors) is selected from the Finalists across all categories by the Judging Chair, Written Judges and Interview Judges.
Attend an official photo shoot and complete a short media questionnaire
My Weekly Preview will contact you to organise a time for a professional Head Shot photo shoot at their compliments. This head shot will be utilised for our 2021 Awards Process.
Attend a formal interview
The Judging Chair will have emailed your allocated time for your 30 minute interview on the dates of 13-15 July, 2021. Please make sure your diaries are updated with this time.
The location of this interview is the offices of Garland Waddington Solicitors, Level 3, Corner The Esplanade and Second Avenue, Maroochydore (opposite Cotton Tree Park). Their phone number if you are lost is 07 5443 4866.
Remember the Interview Judges have not read your submission, so please do not assume they know you at all.
Attend the Purple Room Event - sponsored by WestFund
Wednesday 28th July 2021 at 5.30pm at The Event Centre, 20 Minchinton Street, Caloundra.
An invitation will be forwarded to you by the SCBWN Event Coordinator for your RSVP.
This is an important event to attend to meet the other Finalists, Current Business Woman of the Year Winners and Sponsors.
At this event we answer all of your questions about the Gala Award Ceremony.
Attend the Gala Awards Ceremony
Saturday 7th August 2021 from 6pm – 11pm at The Event Centre, 20 Minchinton Street, Caloundra.
The process culminates on this Gala evening with the Category winners’ announcement. Invite your friends and family, dress up, prepare your 2 minute acceptance speech and celebrate your achievements to date.
Become a Winner of your Category, Sustainable or Outstanding Business Woman of the Year Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards Ceremony and will spend the twelve months post celebrating their achievements and becoming an Ambassador of the SCBWN.
As a winner you will be asked to:
- Attend a minimum of four (4) SCBWN functions in 2022/2023
- Be available for your Category Sponsor for media opportunities
- Deliver a short speech at a SCBWN function usually held in February
- Attend the 2022 Purple Room event
- Attend the 2022 Gala Awards Ceremony to present the 2022 recipient with their Award
The SCBWN is honoured to have your involvement in the 2021 Business Woman of the Year Awards. These Awards maintain their credibility in the Sunshine Coast community because of the integrity of process.
A Judging Chair is appointed to guide this process and maintain the integrity, credibility and prestige of these Awards for all past, future and current Awards holders. The 2021 Judging Chair is Michelle Hamer.
As Judging Chair, Michelle is available to answer any questions you may have and assist you throughout this exciting and rewarding process. If you wish to contact Michelle at any point, please do not hesitate to do so.
Sunshine Coast Business Women’s Network Business Woman of the Year Awards
0412 455 062